If you’re like me, you don’t need anything else to do. Being a kid’s ministry leader is full-time work. The very idea that I might be asked to do something irrelevant, unimportant, or unproductive makes me angry. I have to admit, when I first started thinking about blogging, those were some of my feelings.
Then I started doing some investigation. Did you know…
· Social networking has grown 93% since 2006?
· There are over 100 million Americans contributing to social media with 7 million being considered “heavy” contributors?
· 49% of all Americans over the age of 18 are on Twitter, Facebook, or Myspace.
I was surprised… Why hadn’t I taken a closer look at this opportunity before? I started by dipping my toes into Facebook… it wasn’t all that bad… as a matter of fact, I liked it. Next thing you know I’m twittering… nice to get brief updates on folks. And today I start a new chapter titled, Blogging!
This blog is not going to be about me, even though I will be the primary contributor. This blog is going to be about us: kid’s ministry leaders working in the trenches to honor our calling by God to help boys and girls HEAR, KNOW, and DO God’s Word by learning to apply it their everyday lives..
So what should you expect?
- My thoughts and experiences on a variety of subjects.
- A place we can share concerns and opinions about kid’s ministry.
- An opportunity for you to connect with other kid’s ministry leaders.
- Recommendations that will help you as a kid’s leader.
Bottom line: I will (to the best of my ability) work to make this blog relevant, important, and productive by equipping, inspiring, and networking with you.
Calling all kid’s ministry leaders… Is anyone out there?
Looking forward to seeing how God will use this opportunity.
Thanks, Bill. I’ll look forward to what you have to share.
Your blogspot is really cute! Looking forward to hearing more from you soon!
Working on a RSS feed so you can follow me. Should be available soon. Technical things…
Hey Bill, Your blog looks great. I look forward to hearing more from you.
love the look and feel of the blog! so original and fun! can’t wait to read your thoughts –