So, you’re looking for ideas for games to play at your Christmas celebration? We’ve got 10 games that you can play in a minute that will bring a little holly and a little jolly into your holiday party!
1. Candy Cane Pick Up – Place a pile of candy canes on a table and provide a tray or basket for each player. Give each player a candy cane to put in his mouth with the hook end down. The player must use the candy cane hook to pick up the other candy canes and move them to the basket. The player with the most candy canes in their basket after one minute wins!
2. Gingerbread High Rise – Provide graham crackers, icing, and a paper plate for each player. Players have one minute to build a tower using the graham crackers and icing. The player with the tallest tower after one minute wins!
3. Whipped Cream Tannenbaum – Provide a paper plate and 3 cans of whipped cream per player. Each player has one minute to spray the whipped cream on the paper plate in the shape of a Christmas tree. The player with the tallest Christmas tree after one minute wins!
4. Sugar Cookie Face – Provide cookies for each player. Players must place one cookie on their forehead and use their face muscles to move it into their mouth. The player who has gotten the most cookies in their mouth after one minute is the winner!
5. Napkin Ring Ornament Madness – Provide 5 to 10 large napkin rings in a basket or on a tray and an unsharpened pencil or chopstick for each player. Set the basket on a table or the floor, a few feet away from a Christmas tree. (A small artificial tree works great.) Players must use the unsharpened pencil or chopstick to pick up a napkin ring, carry it to the tree, and slide the napkin ring "ornament" onto the tree. The player who gets the most napkin rings on the tree in one minute wins!
6. The Marshmallow Melt – Provide one holiday marshmallow or marshmallow peep in the shape of a Christmas tree (or any other festive shape) to each player. The player must put the marshmallow on their tongue for one minute. The player whose marshmallow has dissolved the least amount after one minute is the winner.
7. Snowball Fight – Provide white paper for each player or team. Place a dividing line in the middle of the room. Players or teams will need to wad up the white paper and have a snowball fight. The player or team who has the least number of “snowballs” on their side after one minute is the winner!
8. Human Christmas Tree – Provide garland and/or toilet paper for each player or team. Choose one person to be the human Christmas tree. The player or team has one minute to wrap the “tree” in garland and toilet paper. The team with the least amount of garland and toilet paper after one minute wins!
9. The Rudolph Scoot – Provide a big red foam nose (like Rudolph’s nose) and a set of round ornaments (not glass) for each player. Mark a START and a FINISH line on the floor using masking or painters tape. Players must use their nose to roll the ornaments from the START line to the FINISH line. The player who has rolled the most ornaments across the FINISH line in one minute wins!
10. Marshmallow Toss – Provide a wreath, a bag of marshmallows, and a bucket for each player. Have one person hold the wreath to their side and place the bucket behind the wreath. Players will have one minute to throw marshmallows through the wreath into the bucket. The player with the most marshmallows in the bucket after one minute is the winner!!
And here’s a special treat – We tried the top three games here at Lifeway and made a little video for you!!