1. What’s your full name? Jerry Neal Wooley
2. Were you named after anyone? Neal is a family name that was the last name of a great-grandmother and has been used as the middle name for several of the men including my father.
3. Where were you born? Kaufman, Texas.
4. What was the mascot at your high school? Dragons
5. What’s your favorite college football team? University of Texas.
6. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you "grew up"? For many years I wanted to drive the garbage truck. I loved his ability to pull a lever on the side and crush everything. The crunching sound was awesome! I guess it was just a boy’s infatuation with destruction.
7. What is your favorite food? Mexican or BBQ, but not crazy about Mexican BBQ.
8. What type of pets do you have, if any? A Blue Persian cat named Moses. He has been around for 17 years. He was named Moses due to the fact that I didn\’t really want him in the beginning and had decided that since he could not live outside and I did not want him to live in my house he would have to live in exile in the garage. Of course that only lasted for a few days and now he lives in the house and I live in the garage with visiting rights.
9. Do you still have your tonsils? Of course.
10. Have you ever bungee jumped? Would you? Depends on your definition. I have not jumped from a bridge but I am a survivor of the bungee ride and Six Flags.
11. What are you listening to right now? The sound of someone’s phone ringing down the hall.
12. What color shirt are you wearing right now? A fall plaid of brown, orange, yellow, and red.
13. Summer or Winter? Fall
14. Computer or Television? Television – at least until I get an iPad!
15. What is the farthest you have been from your home? St. Petersburg, Russia
16. What is your favorite color? Hunter Green
17. If you could choose anywhere to go on vacation, where would it be? The Big Apple of course.
18. Choose one word to describe yourself. VBSGUY
19. What drives you every day? A 2006 Honda CRV. Seriously, at this stage in my life the month of January drives me every day. I love the VBS events I get to be part of every January and I typically spend a portion of every day – even vacation days – thinking about, dreaming, tweaking, and planning for January and the thousands of people who will be impacted as a result of the experience. Can you you think of anything more fun than working on VBS 365 days a year?
20. How do you want to be remembered? As someone who made a difference by enabling others to make a difference.
Leave a Reply