I know that you were tired of seeing my mug every time you pull up this page, so I decided to give some facetime to the FLYTE logo.
Today, we’re going to give you the sample session of FLYTE. I’ll help you get through it so that you know exactly how each session is taught.
Each session has an overview page complete with a short Bible study for the teacher to help him or her get his or her own heart ready for the session.
• Get Started is made up of several elements.
1. Each session begins by playing a countdown timer about 3 minutes before the session starts.
2. Directly after the timer ends, you will see a FLYTE intro and then a "Weird of the Day" (please note: the "Weird of the Day" usually is completely pointless, but we think preteens will love it!) like this:
3.Get started usually has an active game to introduce the session and a more introspective activity to get the preteens thinking about the session topic.
• FAITH: God’s Answer
1. The Faith section has two main portions: an indepth Bible study and a memory passage activity. The memory passage is the same for the entire unit. There is a memory passage activity or you can show the memory passage music video like this:
2. There are also several times that the learner magazine is used during this section. Download a sample learner magazine here.
Sometimes there are videos like this one:
• LIFE: World’s Answer
1. During this section, a variety of learning activities including handson activities and discussion will lead the preteens to discover the world’s answer to the session topic.
2. The learner magazine is often used during this section.
Sometimes there is a funny video like this one:
• LIFE: My Answer
1. During this section, preteens will be challenged to think of their personal response to the session topic based on God’s Word.
2. Preteens will hear and read the "Over and Out" statements which are short and easy to remember ways to respond biblically and confidently to anyone who asks a preteen how he or she feels about a topic.
What do you think? Do you like the videos? In VOLUME ONE of FLYTE there are 35 video clips over 13 sessions. That’s an average of 4 videos per day. The learner magazine is designed to be edgy and exciting. The leader guide is simple to use and easy to read.
Today’s question: What do you think your preteens will like most about FLYTE? (Don’t forget each comment is registered to win in the FLYTE Prize Pack contest!)