Well, I’ve been given the task of giving you some tips on how to have fun in Nashville while you are here for Kids Ministry Conference. While thinking about this post, I realized that all my ideas of fun had to do with food. 🙂
So, here are some tips on some great places to eat while you are visiting Nashville!
If you don’t have a car, these are within walking distance of LifeWay:
- Demos’ Restaurant – Great lunch specials, including all you can eat soup and salad! Their bread is to die for.
- Jack’s BBQ – Great BBQ place right on Broadway
- The Old Spaghetti Factory – Opens at 11:30 for lunch. Great food and a fun atmosphere.
- Puckett’s – A middle Tennessee favorite. GREAT breakfasts!
- Panera Bread – For when you need a bowl of soup and free wireless!!
- San Antonio Taco Company – affectionately known as SATCO by the locals. Try the "fajita" tacos and the queso.
If you do have a car:
- Baja Burrito – a local favorite. Be prepared to stand in line and try the pineapple salsa!
- Burger Up (and Las Paletas) – One of my favorite new restaurants. Love the burger with pimento and cheese and the truffle fries. Make sure you take cash and grab a mexican popsicle at Las Paletas which is right next door (NOTE: Las Paletas is closed on Mondays)!
- Taco Mamacita’s – Great tacos, dips, and peruvian chicken. Just trust me.
- Pancake Pantry – Open 6 AM to 3 PM. Expect a line, but you’ll love the food. And you may see someone famous.
- Monell’s – Southern food served family style. You eat at a table of 8 with people you may or may not know 🙂
- Germantown Cafe – Great new Nashville restaurant. The desserts there are scrumptious.
- Calypso Cafe – Cuban food. Think chicken, rice, black beans. So good. Try the fruit tea!
Anybody got some other favorite eating places in Nashville to share?
Looking forward to seeing you guys in October!