Hundreds of children’s ministers and leaders traveled to Nashville three weeks ago to attend our annual Kid’s Ministry Conference (KMC). Many of you were among them! Attendees heard from Ed Stetzer, Jon Acuff, Angie Smith, Tim Elmore and more. We worshipped with musicians such as Dave Hunt and the group Selah. The Duggar family even joined us to share their story and musical talents! If that wasn’t enough, there were more than 50 different workshops to choose from which addressed the realities and challenges that children’s leaders face today. We had the opportunity to dream big together!
We are thankful for our amazing events team and the tireless hours devoted to planning and making this event successful. Even with all the attention to detail, there are still those moments that could never have been planned—those moments that God orchestrates Himself. We heard from so many of our attendees during and after KMC. Many shared stories of how they were personally impacted by the event. Numerous said it was the best KMC yet! Let me share a few more comments received…
- “Every year God meets my needs in surprising ways. This year I went with no particular agenda, and these speakers knocked my socks off.”
- “Monday was so good I could have returned home that night and received my money’s worth.”
- “Thank you for bringing us a sweet time of worship each day – we felt refreshed by our chance to actually sing! We enjoyed the mini-concerts too!”
- “Thank you for bringing us humor and inspiration through the speakers and pastors who shared with us from their lives and hearts and God’s Word.”
- “Thank you for bringing us workshops that were balanced for practical, philosophical and personal enrichment.”
Tina Bryson, who led a workshop, summed it up nicely by saying, “I can truly say in terms of life change, it is the best conference I have ever attended. God was moving, and that was evident. I was glad to be a part. I think sometimes God just shows up and does something amazing. That was this conference.”
We are thankful for all who joined us at KMC, and we hope even more will attend next year. Go ahead, mark your calendars for KMC 2012! On October 8-10, we’ll be at Ridgecrest Conference Center in Ridgecrest, NC.
If you attended KMC this year and would still like to provide feedback, we’d love to hear from you. Please click here to fill out our brief survey.