We\’ve had a fabulous time here at Kids Ministry Conference so far– and we\’re just getting started. I thought I\’d share a few key notes from the general sessions for those of you who weren\’t able to make it this year. Make sure to check back Tuesday and Wednesday evenings for notes from that day’s general sessions. You\’ll be able to catch insights from all our guest speakers. You can learn more about them on our KMC website.
Sad you missed us this year? Mark your calendar for KMC 2013, October 7th-9th in Nashville, TN!
- What has God called you to do?
- Are you doing it?
- Where’s the fruit?
- If you don\’t know your own kids\’ 5 best friends, you’re too busy.
-John Croyle, former University of Alabama National Champtionship Defensive end for the legendary Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant. At 19 John felt he had been given a gift to work with young people. His dream was to have the best children’s home in America. Now, more than 1,800 children have called Big Oak Ranch their home.
- Things to keep in mind in your ministry:
- Providence is the intervention of God with man to acheive His will.
-Coach Tommy Bowden; Tommy has been a college coach for 32 years (Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, West Virginia, Kentucky, Duke, Tulane, and Clemson). He holds the record as head coach for 90 wins in eleven and a half years and has never had a loosing season.
- Things that blind your vision:
- The importance of numbers; "bigger is better" value increases pressure to do more. HEALING: Bigger isn\’t better. Better is better.
- The pace of life; your ministry vision should be the marathon, not the sprint. HEALING: Hurry is the enemy of depth. You can\’t rush relationships, discipleship, or love.
- The constant comparison. HEALING: Comparison quenches peace. Stop comparing, start abiding.
- In John 11, Jesus commands the people to unwrap Lazarus– set him free. Are you helping your team be free? Are you pursuing the things Jesus cares about?
-Doug Fields; communicator, resource-provider, writer, pastor & leadership mentor. He’s the author of more than 50 books and is currently working with Youth Specialties & Azusa Pacific University (HomeWord’s Center for Youth/Family).
Here with us? Share your notes!
Leave a Reply