This weekend you will get something that you have probably asked for many times before. Can you remember the last time you said, “If I had just one more hour?” I know lately I’ve thought that thought about 10 times a week! This weekend marks the end of Daylight Savings Time. It also marks the time of year that I will wake up in the dark, drive part of my commute in the dark, and then head home around sunset. I must admit, I don’t really like standard time. I really like daylight!
But that got me to thinking, this Sunday morning around 2:00 AM, you will be getting an extra hour. Now, honestly, I hope you are all in bed resting up for Sunday School and Church, but think about it for a few minutes. What would you do if you really had an extra hour in your day. If the day was 25 hours long instead of 24? Would that be enough to help? I made a list of things that I might do at home, at work, at church, and for fun if I had an extra hour everyday.
Extra Hour At Work Each Day:
1. I would answer the emails that I didn’t answer yesterday.
2. I would finish the outlines that I am working on.
3. I would return a phone call that I’ve been meaning to make.
An Extra Hour at Home
1. I would spend more time talking to my wife.
2. I would spend more time playing with my boys.
3. I would refinish my grandparent’s kitchen table so we could use it in our kitchen.
4. I would replace all of the blown light bulbs.
5. I would paint our bathroom.
6. I would replace the dead shrubs.
7. I could go ON and ON for this one so I’ll just stop!
An Extra Hour at Church
1. I would send cards to all the kids and not just the ones who are missing.
2. I would rearrange my Sunday School classroom.
3. I would get to worship a little earlier.
4. I would plan a fellowship for my second graders.
An Extra Hour for Fun (Yourself)
1. I would get more sleep.
2. I would make a list of projects I wanted to do (see HOME list).
3. I would pray more.