Ever heard of the lazy, crazy days of summer? This is a fun, fun saying, but, in reality, days of summer in the local church are anything but lazy!
Wise kids leaders understand the importance of peppering a few crazy, fun days throughout the summer to continue relationship building with the kids in their ministry. With each activity will also come the opportunity for a Bible study connection to encourage and disciple kids. Consider these options:
- A Water Fun Day…Just like it implies…all things water!…water/cup relays; slip and slide games; fun time in a church member’s pool (don\’t forget permission slips!) Think about using Bible stories that have something to do with water, rivers, etc.
- Field trip to a local zoo. Think about using Bible stories that include an animal.
- Field trip to a local bakery/bread company. Think about using Bible stories that have something to do with bread.
- Excursion to a children’s theatre. Letting kids act out some Bible stories would be a great addition. Talk about how Bible stories are real and true and not make believe.
- A summer camp experience. Take a look at www.lifeway.com/centrikid website. CentriKID does all of the activity and Bible study planning for you!
- Neighborhood Kids Clubs. Consider one of Lifeway’s newest resources: Backyard Kids Club, also known as VBS in a box (www.lifeway.com).
Stay cool! Be cool with some of these fun suggestions!
[…] <b>Kids Ministry</b> 101 — Summer Fun Days for Kids! Go to this article […]