Wise kids leaders understand the importance of “peppering” a few crazy, fun days throughout the summer to continue relationship building with the kids in their ministry. With each activity will also come the opportunity for a “Bible study” connection to encourage and disciple kids. Consider these options:
- A Water Fun Day…Just like it implies…”all things water!”…water/cup relays; slip and slide games; fun time in a church member’s pool (don’t forget permission slips!) Think about using Bible stories that have something to do with water, rivers, etc.
- Field trip to a local zoo. Think about using Bible stories that include an animal.
- Field trip to a local bakery/bread company. Think about using Bible stories that have something to do with “bread.”
- Excursion to a children’s theatre. Letting kids “act out” some Bible stories would be a great addition. Talk about how Bible stories are “real and true” and not “make believe.”
- A summer camp experience. Take a look at “www.lifeway.com/centrikid” website. CentriKID does all of the activity and Bible study planning for you!
- Neighborhood “Kids Clubs.” Consider one of LifeWay’s newest resources: “Backyard Kids Club,” also known as VBS in a box (www.lifeway.com).
Stay cool! Be cool with some of these fun suggestions!