I love working at Lifeway. My job is exciting and rewarding. For most of my time here at Lifeway, I was known as the Preteen Guy. I got to work on great products like Bible Express, BTX: A Bible Teaching Experience for Preteens, and FLYTE: faith. life. together. I really love working on those products, and I really love teaching preteens.
About 1.5 years ago though, my focus here at work changed to being the Team Leader for Bible Studies for Life: Kids. Being a part of the improved Bible Studies for Life has been so exciting. When I started working at Lifeway, my wife and I were DINKs (Double-Income No Kids) and over the past 7 years, we have gone from no kids to four kids. My family is super important to me, and I wanted to see us develop a product that helped families have God-conversations. Thankfully, I have been able to help with that through Bible Studies for Life.
Bible Studies for Life can help sharpen your ministry focus in the following ways:
- One Conversation: The One Conversation page found on the back of every Kids Activity Page contains Bible Study information from all age groups which helps parents have talking points and activity ideas to carry-on the Bible Study at home.
- Weekly Parent Emails: Every Enhanced CD for Babies-Sixth Grade has weekly parent emails that can be sent to parents, posted on a church’s Facebook site, or even published on the church Website.
- Aligned Concepts across age groups: From Babies – Adults, families will study the same biblical concepts each week. This doesn\’t mean the stories will always be the same, but the concept being studied will be.
- Life Verse Memory Cards: New this year, Life Verse cards can be used at home to encourage kids (and parents!) to memorize relevant Scripture verses they will study throughout the year which help enforce the biblical concept of each unit.
- Bible Studies for Life: Kids Family App: This highly interactive app helps parents connect with their kids through activities, videos, music, and coloring pages which correspond with each week’s lesson. (Download the Fall 2013 edition FREE!)
- Weekly Devotionals: More, Adventure, and Bible Express devotionals offer a strong link to Bible Studies for Life which help parents have daily conversations with their kids about the concepts being studied.
Family is important to me. I\’m thankful that my church invests in my family and I\’m thankful to work on a curriculum that allows me to help churches invest in families.
Leave a Reply