Hey Y\’all! I told you a couple of weeks ago that it was Pastor Appreciation Month, and I also told you that I would be giving you some ideas for KidMin appreciation. My wife and I attended a Duck Dynasty inspired wedding recently and it immediately hit me that the theme would work for KidMin. We’re giving away the (unassembled) version of this appreciation gift, so keep reading for details!
Materials: To get started, I went to Dollar Tree and picked up a small metal canister, some floral styrofoam, jute twine, and clothes pins. I already had some Spanish moss at my house. I also happen to have a curly willow tree in my front yard that my MIL grew from a part of my SIL’s wedding flowers! So, I cut some limbs from my tree and brought everything to work and laid it out.
Once you have your materials, you’re ready to get started!
1. Place styrofoam in the bottom of the container. I used a metal container but thought a mason jar would be great as well. Add sticks, limbs, whatever you want to use to create a bush feel.
2. Press Spanish moss in around the sticks near the bottom.
3. Use clothes pins to attach candy bars and gift cards to the different limbs. I decorated the arrangement with a selection of candy bars, a fake mustache, a slim jim, and most importantly $75.00 worth of gift cards!
4. I created a bow from lots of jute twine. I wanted it to have the look of an authentic Robertson family beard. Also, I think that a camo bandana would work great.
My amazing friend and designer Jessica, created these awesome Duck Dynasty quote inspired ornaments that you can download here.
5. Cut out the badges and fill-in your limbs to create a more full effect.
6. Give to your favorite KIDMIN and tell him or her why he or she is the best!
Now, I mentioned a giveaway. If you think that you have the best KIDMIN ever. Let us hear about it. Leave a comment and we will randomly select a nominated KidMin. Just tell us what your KIDMIN does that makes him or her so great!
At Justin FBC, we have a dynamic kids ministry staffed with leaders who are attentive, energetic, and authentic! We recently transitioned to two identical Sunday worship services, two Sunday School/Life Group hours, and two Extended Session/Children’s Church services–all happening simultaneously. The challenge to recruit teachers and leaders may have seemed daunting at first, but our volunteer leaders have stepped-up to serve and meet the needs of our kids and their families. It has been awesome to watch God move in the hearts of these volunteers, many of whom have never served before and never even considered KIDMin as a place to plant and grow. The call “Don’t Duck Your Dynasty” is an excellent way to remember why it is we serve: so the world may know!
Our youth minister is the best! He selflessly ministers to all of our families and is committed to continual learning of the Word! And he can drive a church bus while belting out the best songs ever!