- Two packs of 1×2” sticky notes (two different colors)
- A numbered cube
- A listing of the books of the Bible (if you have them written on chips, clothes pins, or craft sticks you can use those previously created resources)
- Use your computer to create a grid of 1×2” squares (you could choose to measure out the grid with a yard stick and a dark, fine tipped marker).
- Label the two lowest corners “start” and the two upper corners “finish.” For fun, Insert “do not land” spots as you create your grid
- Laminate the grid for multiple uses.
- Create two teams.
- Determine which team will go first by rolling the numbered cube. The team with the highest roll goes first.
- Team one will roll the cube. The leader will randomly pull from the listing of Bible books one of the books. If the team player can name the book before the one pulled, the actual book pulled, and the book after the one pulled, the team gets to cover the grid with the number of sticky notes that are represented by the roll of the numbered cube.
- Team two rolls and follows the same rules.
- Continue playing by alternating turns until one of the teams reaches their “finish” (opposite corner from where they start).
- OPTION: It will be more difficult to win if you have to roll the exact number in order to arrive on the “finish” mark.
Since 2003 Bill Emeott has served as a Kids Ministry Specialist for Lifeway. His passions include childhood ministry leadership training and development, leading children’s Bible Study, and being an Uncle! Bill has been teaching children at First Baptist Nashville for ten years.