- Large plastic building blocks (enough for each word of the verse and the reference).
- A fine-tipped permanent marker.
- Small gift bag.
- On individual blocks, print each word of the Bible verse and its reference. Make as many sets of blocks as you plan to have teams (2 team = 2 sets…).
- Place each set in its own gift bag.
- Divide your group into team of 6-10 players (make sure you have no more players than you have verse blocks so that each kid will have the opportunity to retrieve at least one block).
- Review the chosen Bible verse several times.
- On “go,” player 1 from each team will run from the “start line” to where you have placed the prepared gift bags holding their team’s verse blocks. Player 1 will retrieve one verse block and return back to his team.
- When tagged, player 2 will then run to its team’s bag, retrieve a block, return to her team, and send player 3 to do the same.
- Teams will work to retrieve all verse blocks and attach them together in correct verse order. The first team to finish wins!
Small groups (even 2 kids) can use this game, too.
- Give each team a prepared gift bag.
- On “go” teams will dump the blocks on to a flat surface (floor/table) and race to attach the blocks in verse order.
- The first team to complete the verse correctly wins!!
- ADD FUN TO ANY GAME with an old-fashion bike horn. Allow teams to “blow the horn” when their team has finished the task. It’s an added treat for kids and the old fashioned horn sound creates an atmosphere of fun.
Since 2003 Bill Emeott has served as a Kids Ministry Specialist for Lifeway. His passions include childhood ministry leadership training and development, leading children’s Bible Study, and being an Uncle! Bill has been teaching children at First Baptist Nashville for ten years.