- Small Hula Hoop
- Pool Noodle
- Serrated Cutting Blade
- Masking Tape
- Permanent Marker
- Determine a Bible verse you want kids to memorize.
- Cut the gathered pool noodle into 2” disks using the serrated cutting blade or knife.
- Cut a slit in each disk (so it will slide on to the hula-hoop.
- On masking tape strips print the Bible verse.
- Secure one printed word to individual disks.
- Kids can take turns attaching the verse words in order to a small hula-hoop.
- Create two “Noodle Hoops” and allow kids to compete against each other (or in teams) to complete the verse first.
- Create more excitement by placing the disks at the opposite side of the room and lead kids in a relay.
- Another option is to create two sets of disks in two different colors. Mix up and toss all disks on to the floor. At go, teams will race to retrieve their assigned team-colored disks and place them on the hula hoop in verse order.
- Print directly on to cut disks all the books of the Bible. Play the game as suggested above by placing the books of the Bible in order on the hula hoop.
Since 2003 Bill Emeott has served as a Kids Ministry Specialist for LifeWay. His passions include childhood ministry leadership training and development, leading children’s Bible Study, and being Uncle! Bill has been teaching children at First Baptist Nashville for sixteen years.