Probably most of the folks that I run into during November and December are excited about and looking forward to the holiday season. They may have some anxieties about “getting everything done,” but, for the most part, this season is one of their favorite times of the year.
As a Christian and follower of Jesus, every year during these days, I try to challenge myself to make sure that in the midst of the hustle and bustle that Jesus really is at the center of my holiday celebrations. Would you join me in doing the same and asking yourself these 7 simple questions?
1. Are you being faithful during these days in spending time with God in His Word and in prayer?
2. Do you look for opportunities while shopping and spending time in your community to say a good word about Jesus?
3. Do you purpose to have your family time at Christmas lift up the name of Jesus and truly celebrate your Savior and what he has done for you?
4. Have you set up a Nativity Set in your home to remind your family and guests that come into your home that Jesus is at the root of your celebrations…not just decorated trees, bright lights and traditional holiday foods?
5. Do you make sure that Christmas cards you send include the name of Jesus and the real reason for Christmas?
6. Will going to church at Christmas time be more than just a duty? Will you make every effort to truly focus on God’s love that was perfectly shown as He sent us His Son?
7. Lastly, have you made a commitment during this season to do something (give a missions offering, volunteer at a homeless shelter, bake something delightful to give away including a note about Jesus) that helps spread the Good News?
Let’s commit together that with God’s help, this will be our most evangelistic Christmas ever!
Leave a Reply