10. Game of the Week: Build-a-Verse
Use large plastic building blocks to store up truth in kids’ hearts!
9. 40 Ways to Develop Kids Into “Doers”
Teach kids the importance of James 1:22 with these ideas for serving others!
8. 4 Free Fun Fall Fellowships
Host a great party for a great price, PLUS get to know the new kids in your class!
7. 5 Things NOT to Do When Telling a Bible Story
There is a difference between paraphrasing a Bible story to make it appropriate for kids and adding to it to make it more interesting. Don’t let yourself make these 4 mistakes when teaching truth to kids.
6. How Welcoming is Your Kids Ministry?
This 10 question survey will help you discover areas of your ministry that may need improvement.
5. 3 Fun Promotion Sunday Ideas
Host a “Do-Nut Forget” Party,” and 2 other exciting ideas to help kids get to know their new teachers!
4. 5 Ways to Minister to Adoptive Families
Tips from an adoptive dad on how to minister effectively to adopted kids and families.
3. Why Kids Need to See Their Parents Serve
“We all go through seasons where serving is hard and requires sacrifice. Jesus is worth that sacrifice — and so are our children.”
2. Game of the Week: Bible Skills Twister
This exciting game involving a classic party game and Bible skill cards topped the charts almost every month of 2014. Everyone who tries it loves it!
1. 4 Sayings People Think Are in the Bible But Aren’t
Some advice sounds biblical, but when you search for evidence in Scripture, there is none. Have you ever said these words?
Thanks for a great 2014, readers! Let us know what else you’d like to see on the Kids Ministry 101 blog!