We’re excited to announce the beginning of the LifeWay Kids podcast! We’ll bring you new podcasts every two weeks discussing essential topics in kids ministry. Check out Episode 1 – Teaching Bible Stories While Teaching the Big Story below.
Today’s post features our Team Leader for The Gospel Project for Kids, Brian Dembowczyk.
In this week’s episode, you’ll hear about:
- The difference between teaching Bible stories and teaching the Big Story
- The dangers of focusing on secondary lessons versus primary lessons in Scripture
- A recipe for delivering the full story of the Bible
- Determining whether parts of Scripture are pointing directly or indirectly to the gospel
- Christian moralism versus secular moralism
Brian Dembowczyk served in church ministry for over 16 years before coming to LifeWay. During that time, he served as a student pastor, children’s and family pastor, discipleship pastor, executive pastor, and lead pastor. Brian earned an M.Div from the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and a D.Min. from the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. He and his wife, Tara, have been married for 14 years and have three children, Joshua (10), Hannah (7), and Caleb (3).