As a teacher, you influence a baby’s life as you teach him each week. The Holy Spirit works through you to lay spiritual foundations of faith. Prayer is another way to impact families with babies. As teachers, we can pray for the babies in our class. Use the suggestions listed below to begin your prayer time during the week. As you continue to pray, think of additional ways to pray for the babies in your class.
- Pray for babies as they grow and develop emotionally, mentally, physically, socially, and spiritually.
- Pray for the marriages of the parents and guardians. Pray they will make church a priority in their family’s life.
- Pray for wisdom and guidance from the Holy Spirit as parents seek to provide a godly home for their family.
- Pray your relationship as a teacher deepens with families as they trust you to care for their baby. Seek the Lord to find ways to build connections with these families.
- Pray for your preparation and spiritual growth as you teach babies biblical truths each week.
- Pray for sensitivity to know ways to minister and share the gospel with the families of babies in your class.
Pray for the babies before, during, and after the teaching session. Commit to pray each day for the children in your class. As you pray, keep a journal of ways you see the Lord working in and through you. During the year, look back through the journal. Reflect and recognize ways the Lord has answered your prayers. Seek the Lord and remember He is with you as you teach and minister to the babies and their families at your church.
Delanee Williams serves as a Kids Ministry Specialist with Lifeway Christian Resources. She is a graduate of Baylor University and Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Delanee is passionate about developing, equipping and encouraging leaders in kids ministry.