Linda Ranson Jacobs, of DC4K joins us again on the Lifeway Kids Podcast to discuss how to reach kids outside the walls of your church. This more than likely will mean addressing tough issues that are prevalent in our culture. Linda & Chuck Peters address some of the following questions and issues:
- How are families different today than they were in biblical times?
- How do we address these new issues & pressures from our society that are becoming prevalent in our culture?
- Most kids pastors are not well prepared for tough conversations and because things move so fast, it’s hard to keep up with how to appropriately respond to specific issues.
- Leaders and teachers in the church should provide a safe place for a child to come, but leaders should also be aware of how to face tough issues.
- As a children’s minister, if a child comes into my ministry from a family of a homosexual couple or transgender parents, how do you serve that child well?
- You should not necessarily change what you do in your ministry, but be aware of the approach you take, and what that means for kids that might not be regular attenders at your church.
- What are some specific pitfalls you should avoid in handling tough situations?