Welcome guest blogger Lynn Jordan. Lynn is the Children’s Ministry Coordinator and Education Assistant for Capital Baptist Association in Oklahoma City. She teaches Bible Skills for 1st – 6th graders at First Baptist Church, Choctaw, Oklahoma.
Supplies to Gather:
- 2 Cracker Boxes
- Shredded Paper
- Packing Tape
- Plastic Tape
- Make 2 game cubes from two cracker boxes:
- Flatten a saltine cracker box.
- Cut sides to measure 4 inches
- Insert one box into the other.
- Tape one end closed.
- Fill the box with shredded paper.
- Use packing tape to close the open end.
- Use 1-inch plastic tape to cover each edge.
- Repeat with a second box.
- Print a set of 6 Bible skill challenges to tape to the sides of one cube:
- Say the books of Law
- Say the books of Poetry
- Say the Gospels
- Say the Major Prophets
- Say the Minor Prophets
- Say the books of History
- Print a set of 6 physical challenges to tape to the sides of the second cube:
- While Hopping On One Foot
- While Bobbing Your Head
- While Doing Jumping Jacks
- While Turning Around
- While Jogging In Place
- While Standing On One Foot
How to Play:
Challenge the kids to roll game cubes to determine a Bible skill and a physical challenge to perform simultaneously.
TIP: Supersize this activity with Giant Inflatable Game Cubes.