Sometimes I think one of the hardest parts of ministry is trying to connect the church to home. In recent years, The Gospel Project for Kids and Explore the Bible for Kids have made great strides with connecting to home through the use of their take-home cards. Each week, kids are given a card which they can take home and use to carry own Bible conversations at home. Starting in Fall 2016, Bible Studies For Life: Kids will join those ranks and also offer a new version of Take-Home cards. These cards will be sent home at the beginning of each quarter with the kids so that parents and kids can have Bible conversations at home.
The new Bible Studies For Life: Kids Postcards are also another awesome way to connect to kids. Each monthly unit will have a specially designed postcard which reflect a verse, Bible thought, or concept that will be taught in that unit. Even if your church doesn’t use Bible Studies For Life, these are beautiful cards that the kids in your church would surely enjoy receiving.
Here are 10 Ways you can use Take-Home Cards and Postcards in your ministry!
- Mail a pack of Take-Home Cards to absentees.
- Collect Preschool cards and create a giant matching game.
- Give out at your church’s fall festival.
- Use in class as early arriver/early finisher activities.
- Deliver them to prospective members.
- Help kids collect them by punching a hole in them and gathering with a clip ring.
- Use cards as activities for Parents Night Out.
- Allow kids to write notes to each other on the postcards.
- Use postcards as a “pass” or “ticket” to a special event.
- Use postcards to send information to families about what your class is studying.
Jeff Land is Publishing Team Leader for Bible Studies For Life: Kids. He holds degrees from Mississippi College and Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Jeff has served as children’s pastor and currently teaches second graders each week at his church. Jeff, his wife Abbey, and their four sons live in Coopertown, TN.