- God has called you to your current position to serve as the leader of a Kids Ministry in a local church.
- God has been preparing you to make an impact on kids and their families.
- God never intended you to do all of the work involved in KidMin all by yourself!
Enter … key leaders to serve on your KidMin Team. A wise KidMin leader surrounds herself/himself with a ministry team. The purpose of the team will be to give you guidance, input, and help in making sure that boys and girls are impacted with the gospel and do so in a safe, loving environment. How do you go about choosing the members of your team?
- First, spend much time in prayer asking God to help you wisely choose the members of your KidMin team.
- Provide balance on the team … be sure to include parents and grandparents, Bible study teachers, both men and women, the key leaders of your Kid/Min touch points: VBS, weekday program, Sunday School, discipleship, other key ministries for kids.
- Educate the members as to what you envision them to do: pray for you and with you; help plan your annual calendar; establish and review policies related to your church’s ministry to kids; serve as a sounding board for you related to issues and challenges involved in developing and maintaining a healthy ministry.
- From time to time, communicate with your leaders who serves on your Kid/Min ministry team.
- Establish a schedule for meetings. Don’t just meet to have a meeting … insure that you value and protect the time of your leaders.
Jerry Vogel is an Editorial Ministry Specialist in LifeWay Kids. He is a graduate of Dallas Baptist University and has served over 40 years in Kids Ministry at the local church level as well as at LifeWay. Jerry currently teaches four-year-olds at his church.