Amy Fenton Lee joins us on the Kids Ministry 101 Podcast to discuss why some churches have enthusiastic synergy and success when it comes to special needs inclusion while other churches seem to flounder. The answers might surprise you. There are some myths that make churches feel that they may not succeed in Special Needs Ministry that prevent them from starting. Topics of discussion include:
- What struggles do special needs ministries in churches face?
- Why do some special needs ministries seem not to be successful?
- What does a successful and healthy special needs ministry look like?
- Why is a successful special needs ministry important in a church?
- How can churches develop a successful special needs ministry?
Amy Fenton Lee has written extensively on the subject of special needs inclusion in the church and blogs at www.TheInclusiveChurch.com. Amy grew up in the church as a “PK” (Preacher’s kid) and has since served as a volunteer leader in virtually every type of children’s and preschool ministry environment. Amy lives in Atlanta with her husband and son. She is the author of the book “Leading a Special Needs Ministry”, available at LifeWay.com and other major retail outlets.