Preschool Craft Activity: Create a Flower Garden Picture
- Strips of green construction paper
- Large sheets of construction paper
- Various sizes of muffin cups and mini muffin cups (pastel colors preferred)
- Large buttons (large enough not to be a choking hazard or pompoms)
- Washable markers
- Cut the green construction paper into strips to resemble flower stems.
- Place the materials listed above on a table for preschoolers to use.
- Glue a muffin cup to an end of a green strip of paper to use as a Bible marker. Write the Bible phrase, “Jesus is alive” on the strip of paper. Place the Bible marker in the Bible at John 20:1-18.
- Place the Bible with Bible marker on a table with other craft materials listed above.
- Encourage preschoolers to decide how many “flowers” they want to make in their garden picture. Demonstrate how to make a flower by gluing a strip of paper onto the large piece of construction paper. Then, glue a muffin cup on the construction paper at the top of the green strip of paper. If a child chooses, he can glue a button or pom-pom inside the muffin cup.
- Allow preschoolers to use markers to draw other things in their gardens.
- As the preschoolers make their garden picture, open the Bible to John 20:1-18. Share the Bible story about Mary visiting the tomb and her encounter with Jesus. Emphasize that when Mary left the garden, she was happy because she knew Jesus is alive.
- Remind preschoolers that Easter is a happy time and can remind us that Jesus is alive and He loves them.
- Discuss with preschoolers how they can know Jesus loves them.
Delanee Williams serves as a Ministry Specialist with Lifeway Kids. She is a graduate of Baylor University and Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Delanee has served in kids ministry for over twenty years and is passionate about developing, equipping and encouraging leaders.