VBS is not just a time for kids to have fun and make good memories. For many, VBS is a transformational time in which they became a Christian. Making “The day I became a Christian” box is a great way to commemorate VBS week for those who made a salvation decision. Here’s how you can make them for your kids:
- Purchase a keepsake box or use a shoe box (about 8.5in x 5in x 2.25in)
- Paint it teal (or any color of your choosing)
- Print out the label and photo frame from the next page and print a 3in x 3in photo of the child.
- Cut out each piece.
- Write the date that the child accepted Christ on the frame and glue the photo inside.
- Glue the label onto the top of the box and glue the frame to the underside of the lid.
- The child can fill the box with their crafts and souvenirs from VBS.
You can also include a VBS 2023 Devotional Bible for your kids to continue studying the Bible at home. Hand the box to the child’s parents at the end of VBS week for them to have as a keepsake throughout the years.