Nobody has to tell us that these have been tough times in kids ministry. But it has also been a time to get creative. We cannot afford to pause or half-heartedly do ministry, so we need to find new ways to minister to kids and families in this time. That’s why we created the Kids Ministry From Anywhere webpage. This is a place filled with resources to help your ministry reach kids no matter where they are!
As we look to stay connected, here are a few ideas for you to do kids ministry from anywhere:
- Involve teachers and volunteers in a new way. Have teachers write a note and send the weekly activity page to their kids. You can also have the volunteers record short videos of encouragement and send them out to the parents.
- Encourage kids to take a picture of their completed work. If you are sending out activity pages, have kids send a picture of their completed work. As they complete it, send small prizes in the mail, or drop them on their doorstep.
- Have a “Decorate-your-door” contest. Families can decorate their front door and send in their photos. Have a place where everyone can see the photos of the different decorations
- Do a “Ding-dong ditch.” Deliver snack cakes to the front door of your families, with a note attached. Ring the doorbell and leave before you can be spotted!
- Bible reading challenge. Encourage your kids to read a book of the Bible during the week or month. Give them daily goals for what to read.
- Books of the Bible challenge. Encourage kids to learn the books of the Bible, and have prizes for those who memorize them.
- Do Zoom story time. Once a week, have a volunteer or teacher read a story to your families over Zoom.
It is important to stay connected and keep kids engaged during this time. As we seek to reach kids and families wherever they are, we can get creative with the things we do. Check out the Kids Ministry From Anywhere webpage for more resources and ideas to disciple your kids in creative ways.