February is the month of love and this year, you get a whole extra day to show it! Courtney and I decided to take advantage of this special day to show some love to the team! Of course, Courtney and I had to sample the goodies before we could give them out! Everyone seemed to enjoy their sweet treat – even Todd’s door robot, who accepted Todd’s cupcake on his behalf!
This is a great time for you to let your team know how much they mean to you. I’ve asked around and here are a few ideas to help you let those around you know you love them.
- Bake cookies or treats. Store-bought is ok…homemade is better! (That is, if you’re a good cook — if not, go with the store!)
- Send a hand-written note. (Remember to write these early (TODAY) so you can get them in the mail unless you’re hand-delivering!)
- Make a phone call.
- Surprise them with a Valentine breakfast on Sunday morning before class. Even if it’s just donuts and coffee, it will still mean a lot.
- Create a fun poster for your hallway with all the teachers’ names letting everyone know how much they’re appreciated.
- Decorate classroom doors.
- Hang a Looooong piece of butcher paper down the hallway with the title: "We love our teachers!" on it. Ask parents and kids to write or draw pictures of why they love their teachers.
There are SO many ways to show your team some love this holiday weekend…how are you going to? Share your ideas!