What are your favorite ways to use technology in the classroom? I recently polled fifty prominent Kids Ministry Leaders from across the nation and asked what were their favorite ways to use technology.
To make this a little more fun, I’ve placed their top 10 answers in QR codes below, along with a tip as to what it is. If you just want the answers, they’re at the bottom of the post!
If you’re not familiar with using QR codes, search and download a free “QR Code” app for your Apple or Android device. Then scan the QR Codes on this Webpage below or you can also print out the page and scan them.
Top 10 Favorite Ways to Use Technology in the Classroom
(answers also at bottom of page)
1. [Tip: Use these to document and share activities and projects.]
2. [Tip: Work together as a group to create and present information.]
3. [Tip: Create and use these to express praise and worship.]
4. [Tip: Use these to help kids visually experience the content being taught.]
5. [Tip: Instantly allows kids to hear themselves repeat Bible phrases and verses.]
6. [Tip: A great way for kids to find prepared answers.]
7. [Tip: Use a smart phone to document “Where You’ve Been” and “What You’ve Seen.”]
8. [Tip: A fun way for older kids to answer questions.]
9. [Tip: Watch the Bible jump off the page.]
10. [Tip: Connect with absentees and other persons of interest.
Since 2003 Bill Emeott has served as a Kids Ministry Specialist for LifeWay. His passions include childhood ministry leadership training and development, leading children’s Bible Study, and being an Uncle! Bill has been teaching children at First Baptist Nashville for ten years.
Answers to Top 10 Favorite Ways to Use Technology in the Classroom:
1. Digital pictures
2. Presentations (PowerPoint, Key Note, Prezi)
3. Music videos
4. DVD and downloaded videos
5. Voice recordings
6. Quick Respond Codes (QR Codes)
7. Photo scavenger hunt
8. Text in the answer to a question
9. Interactive Bible
10. Skype and Facetime