Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. It’s a great day to show love for your spouse and kids, but it’s also a great day to show your volunteers some love. This year, it’s especially convenient because Valentine’s Day is actually on a Sunday. Go ahead and mark your calendar to do something special for your volunteers this Valentine’s Day. I recommend that you deliver these gifts to your volunteers personally when possible instead of just leaving them in their assigned areas. If you are struggling with an idea for Teacher Appreciation, here’s one!
Bag of Hugs
- Download and print these: “Bag of Hugs” Labels
- Cellophane bags or snack-size ziplock bags
- Hershey’s Kisses Hugs
- Curling ribbon
- Fill cellophane bags with about 10 Hershey’s Hugs.
- Tie curling ribbon around the top of each bag.
- Attach labels to the curling ribbon with a stapler.
- OPTIONAL: Consider writing a personal note of thanks on the back of each label.
Jeff Land loves life! That’s pretty great, because his job here at LifeWay is the Team Leader for Bible Studies for Life: Kids. Jeff loves his life which is so blessed by his amazing wife, Abbey, and their four sons, Reed, Nash, Will, and Tuck. A natural encourager and fun-lover, look for Jeff’s posts about teacher appreciation and game ideas. When not serving at work, Jeff serves 2nd graders at his church, First Baptist Church Joelton, Tennessee.