Here’s another fun Bible skills game I’ve used recently in my 2nd grade Bible study group. The kids loved it. I hope your kids will, too.
- 2 Extender Arm Grabbers
- 2, 12 Count Muffin Tin
- 20 Plastic Ball Pit Balls
- 2 Gift bags or fun container to hold prepared balls
- Permanent Marker
- On the bottom of two 12-count muffin tins, print the titles of the 10 divisions of the Bible. Include “OT” and “NT” for 12 separate titles. Print one division title per cup. (Option: Use muffin tin liners to print division titles instead of permanently printing on a muffin tin. Place the prepared liners into the tins).
- On separate pit balls print a book from each of the 10 divisions (make 2 sets).
- Place each set of prepared pit balls into separate gifts bags.
- Place prepared muffin tins and the extender arm grabbers on one end of the room and the prepared bag-o-books on the other.
- Divide the group into two teams.
- Assign each team to a muffin tin and line teams, single file, behind their team’s muffin tin.
- On “Go” player one will pick up the extender arm grabber, race to the bag-o-books, using the grabber retrieve a book, and race back to the team’s muffin tin.
- Player one will determine the book retrieved and which division it represents and place the book in the correct labeled division tin. (Option: For younger kids allow teams to determine the division the retrieved book represents.)
- Once the book has been correctly placed, player two will receive the extender arm grabber and race to retrieve the next book.
- Continue play until all books have been retrieved and correctly placed.
- The team who retrieves and correctly places all 10 book balls first, wins!
Leave a Reply