Summer camps begin recruiting for their summer staffing roles every year in the fall. Who do you know that would do an awesome job serving at a camp? Take an opportunity to recommend someone you know, and their life will be changed forever!
Any former camp staffer knows about the hard work and the blessing of working camp and we want everyone to know these five not-so-hidden benefits of serving on camp staff:
- Character-Building, Not Just Resume-Building – when students work at a camp, they gain work experience by having to get up on time, show up prepared, and do a job. This is great work experience early in their career.
- Eternal Impact, Plus Get Paid – serving at a Christian summer camp makes a kingdom impact and it is way more than just a job. Every role at camp has a purpose that goes way beyond just flipping burgers or mopping floors.
- Growth as a Leader – so many camp staffers enter the summer and expect to grow in their work ethic, but one of the most amazing things is when a Camp Director sees leadership potential in a a staffer with less experience and begins to invest. This doesn’t happen by accident, it is part of the design!
- Ministry Experience Beyond What is on Paper – a two month summer job doesn’t look amazing on paper, but serving churches at camp gives a ton of exposure to a variety of ministry contexts. The opportunity to connect with church leaders from so many different settings really does provide “seasoning” that goes beyond the tasks.
- Life-Long Relationships – the bonds formed by working in close proximity all summer will create incredible friendships and lasting relationships. There were camp friends who were in my wedding and whose kids play with my child even today!
The summer will be here before you know it, so who do you know that would be an asset to a camp team and would benefit from serving in this way? For all the Lifeway Camps, the summer staff applications can be found here. But of course, we recommend serving at Kids Camp!
Please share this post with someone who serves in your ministry and offers to be a reference. Help them get started with applying for CentriKid Camps or Student Life For Kids.
Jeremy Echols leads the CentriKid Camps team and manages the Lifeway Kids events. He, his wife Emily, and their precious daughter love their church, their neighborhood, and spending time together. Jeremy loves to read, watch sports, and grill burgers.