Christmas is here! Okay, not really… but it’s closer than you think, and it’s time to plan for the busiest season of the year! Since you are likely juggling 85 items on your to-do list, let us solve one for you right now. Check out our fun idea for using OMC (Organized Mass Chaos) as a part of your kids ministry Christmas party, kids choir social, or even a parents’ night out during the Christmas season.
We’ve put together instructions, decorating ideas, and even new Christmas tasks to mix in with the traditional OMC game!
- A large space such as a gym or multipurpose room.
- About 45 minutes to an hour’s time (or even more if you’ve got it).
- Permission to get a little messy (if you choose). If not, just remove the messy task cards.
- 20 or more kids. You can play with 200 or more if you’d like, and adults can play too.
- A few adult volunteers.
- Christmas OMC supplies, instructions, and decorations.
- And, of course the Official OMC Game Kit.
Print off the instructions and a few copies of the additional Christmas tasks from the CentriKid blog. Mix in the Christmas tasks with those from the original game, and you’re ready to go!
Best of all, OMC provides great teachable moments to talk with kids about giving and receiving, helping others during the Christmas season, and the greatest gift ever in the person of Jesus Christ! Not to mention, we have the great TASK of telling others about Him!
Use your Christmas OMC to relive some summer camp memories and get kids excited about signing up for 2011 CentriKid Camp! Check it out at www.centrikidblog.com/omc and share your event pictures over on the CentriKid Facebook Page.
Post your questions about the game in our comments, and we’ll try to answer them! How will YOU use Christmas OMC?