- White paper
- White crayons
- Watercolor paint, water, brushes
- Tell or review any Bible story.
- Talk about a Bible verse that undergirds the truth taught in the story.
- Distribute white paper and white crayons to the kids participating.
- Instruct kids to draw a picture illustrating the Bible story being told (white crayon on white paper).
- Depending on the older preschoolers writing skills, the teacher may want to write the Bible verse in white crayon along the top or bottom of the page on which the child has drawn the picture.
- Ask: Do you want to see your picture and verse?
- Encourage kids to paint with watercolors over the entire page. The picture/verse in white crayon will appear.
- Give each child an opportunity to talk about her picture.
- Pray together, thanking God for this story from the Bible.
Jerry Vogel serves as a Childhood Ministry Specialist in LifeWay Church Resources. He is married to Janie and has four children and thirteen grand kids. Jerry is a member of Brentwood Baptist Church, where he teaches preschoolers. He is committed to enriching the lives of those who teach kids as well as making eternal investments in the lives of children.